Sunday, April 01, 2012

off on a jolly

John and I popped up to Oxford Street to take a peek at my butterflies in situ and John snapped a few pics so I could show you.We saw my kits on the shelves, on the table under the display AND then, round the corner opposite the tills we found my Egg Cosies kit, one kit had been sewn up by someone at John Lewis .... I wondered if someone had taken a shine to the tortoise example, because he was nowhere to be found!


I made two sets of Butterfly bunting and John Lewis kindly sent me a photo of the other display, which is now hanging in the new Habby department of John Lewis Milton Keynes! I'm super-chuffed to be the first ever display at a new Habby department...Last year I didn't get the chance to see the other display I made (hedgehogs/foxes etc) so it felt good to take the time to see this one, it was so strange to travel up the escalators looking at all the items for sale, knowing that soon I would be seeing my things for sale on the shop floor...I had a beaming smile on my face once I had seen them!

10 comments:

Anna said...

Ooh! How long will the displays be up? We live near-ish Milton Keynes and will probably be in the shopping centre at some point in the next few weeks, I'll have to take a look. :)

Unknown said...

Ooh! I live near Milton Keynes and had heard they had up-graded their Habby dept. I will make a point of going I think! Sue x

Julia said...

Have just visited JL MK as it's a mile away from me and have to say it looks fab and your bunting looks doubly fab!! You must be so proud of what you've achieved xx

Anonymous said...

You must be and should be so proud of what you have achieved since you gave up the day job!
Bunting looks great as do the kits!
well done you!
Juliexoxo

quiltercaroline said...

It all looks marvelous! I am so happy to have seen all the cuties in their new homes. Well done.

jojoebi-designs said...

how exciting!
I wish I was back there so I could pop in and take a gander!

Colette said...

When I went to visit my daughter in London I popped into J.L and saw your hedgehogs and they did look really fantastic.

You much be so chuffed to see you things for sale in such a nice shop.

Well done, I am really please for you.

sew said...

Congratulations indeed - how thrilled you must be!
Thank you for my order - & craft kit :) - which arrived last week. I wonder how you manage to provide such a speedy service when you're so busy. You've inspired me to make my own 'display' to hang near the cot my little granddaughter has here! Hardly John Lewis but cute anyway!!

Highland Monkey's said...

It looks so nice displayed like that. I can imagine you doing a happy skip! (well I would too :0D )

BOBBLELICIOUS said...

Wow Sarah, many Congrats must feel wonderful x